Using Proxy Server with FirstSearch - Problem

Mack Lundy mack at janus.swem.wm.edu
Thu Dec 18 16:02:34 EST 1997

I'm looking for someone who has experienced this problem.  We have set up
Netscape's proxy server and, with the exception of FirstSearch, have
configured it to access our restricted resources. We are getting through the
proxy server because we can get to the screen where databases are selected.
Upon selecting a database,  we get the "400 Database Unavailable" message.

Another site, with the proxy server configured the same isn't have the same
problem.

FirstSearch differs from the other resources in that it isn't restricted by
IP address but uses a cgi script and the WebScript binary to connect.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Mack

-----
Mack A. Lundy III, Library Systems Manager
College of William and Mary, Swem Library
voice:  757.221.3114     fax:  757.221.2635
email:  mack at janus.swem.wm.edu