GW2K or Dell?

Vladislav S. Davidzon davidzon at metronet.lib.mi.us
Sat Dec 6 15:41:33 EST 1997

On Sat, 6 Dec 1997, Bruce Hinman wrote:

> If you can only select from the  Gateway or Dell I would have to choose
> Dell. Thier hardware is very solid and the Tech support has been good for
> my experience. However, over both of these I perfer Micron. Very
> dependable hardware and the tech support has been superior.

I've had a lot of problems with Micron monitors which are ADI monitors.
The refresh rates are quite poor, and while we have not had any fried
monitors, I happen to be one of the few people who can actually see
refresh rates below 70hertz and its quite annoying.  They have a tendency
to give great headaches within an hour to anyone working on them.

The Micron machines are great though.  Excellent parts, high-quality
motherboards.  As long as you don't buy their monitors, you're okay.

/VSD

(These are my personal opinions, based on my experience)