E-Mail Overdue Notices

knut at dtv.dk knut at dtv.dk
Tue Aug 26 09:14:30 EDT 1997

The Norwegian library system - BIBSYS - sends the first overdue notice by
e-mail if the "customer" is registered with email address. The following
overdue notices are sendt by normal postage.
As one of the participating libraries in BIBSYS - the Informatics library - we
also let the user reply to the email message as a way of renewing.
(This means that the original overdue email must include a certain "Reply to:"
address, which is not the same as the "From").

The system will soon - I have been promised - be able to send email messages
on reserved items being available in the library.

Regards,
Knut Hegna
Knut Hegna -  knut at dtv.dk
DTV, Udviklingslaboratoriet, Box 777, 2800 Lyngby, Danmark
Tlf + 45 45 25 73 51 / Faks + 45 45 88 89 84