Telnet for Netscape 4.0 standalone and/or 4.02?

Sheryl Dwinell dwinells at vms.csd.mu.edu
Fri Aug 22 11:34:28 EDT 1997

I've also downloaded the stand-alone version of Navigator, 4.02.  I tried
using C:\program files\QPC\QvtNet\bin\telnet.bat url.dll %1 %2 , but
couldn't get that to work since I don't have a file called telnet.bat in
the bin directory of QVTNet.  So, I put term.exe back in.  Also, I had to
put a quote before C and after .exe.  When I clicked on a telnet hotlink
Term opened, but I got an error message that said, "Unable to obtain IP
address for url.dll". Finally, I got it to work by typing this:

"C:\Program Files\QPC\QVTNet\bin\term.exe" %1 %2

Make note of the quotation marks.

And Netscape wants to sell this to Average Joe home user??

Sheryl Dwinell * Cataloger/DBM Librarian/Webmaster
Memorial Library * Marquette University
P.O. Box 3141 * Milwaukee, WI 53201-3141
414-288-3406 * dwinells at vms.csd.mu.edu