Speakable pages

Thomas McMillan Grant Bennett bennettt at am.appstate.edu
Fri Aug 22 09:39:07 EDT 1997

And for those PC users try Read2me2 [r2m2] can be downloaded from
http://www.pixi.com/~reader1/index.html
This program is written for Win 3.1 but will run under windows 95.
Voice emulation needs improvement and needs teaching right from the
start, but what can you expect for free. R2m2 is in Beta .92 now and
worth looking at (or is that listening  to) and keeping up with. This is
not a voice recognition program at all but will read your web page if
r2m2 is open before your browser is open.  R2m2 will also read text
files using file open command, and the program will read information
copied to the clipboard. (requires sound card, will not work through pc
speaker)

If you are aware of others please post.

Thomas

--