Weird pdf printing problems

Karen G. Schneider kgs at bluehighways.com
Fri Aug 22 08:54:20 EDT 1997

Speaking of printing problems, I have a pdf printing problem (related, I
hope you agree, since where else do I get these digital tomes but the Web).
 I thought it was work-related (Win 3.1, Novell network, Netscape, slightly
aged reader, etc.) but then had the same problem at home (Win95,
standalone, MSIE, new reader...).  Sometimes--and fortunately I've only see
this happen with small documents--I'll try to print the document and it is
interpreted as much longer than it really is and prints out all
kerflummeled.  As in, I see a one-page document on the screen, I go to
print, and suddenly it says "printing one of 4" and I can even see it spool
the "four" pages.  Four garbled pages then spew from the printer.  I can
try again and print just one nice little page.

Should I try to run pdf from the command line (e.g. acroread.exe
-kerflummel), or is there a better fix?
___

Karen G. Schneider | kgs at bluehighways.com | schneider.karen at epamail.epa.gov
Director, US EPA Region 2 Library | Contractor, GCI | Opinions home-grown
The Internet Filter Assessment Project: http://www.bluehighways.com/tifap/
Author, Forthcoming: A Practical Guide to Internet Filters (Neal Schuman, 1997)