To Duplex or Not to Duplex -Reply

James Patrick Klock j-klock at evanston.lib.il.us
Tue Aug 19 17:16:09 EDT 1997

At 01:24 PM 8/19/97 -0700, you wrote:
>Robert has it absolutely right.  Copiers and printers that are
>designed for duplexing have paper paths designed so that the
>problem of recycling paper doesn't happen.
>           ^^^^^^^^^
>Besides the paper jam problems with recycled paper, the BIG
>and expensive problem is [...]      ^^^^^^^^

I agree with everything you had to say, EXCEPT your use of the term
recycled.  I've never had any problems at all with "factory fresh" recycled
paper.  It's "reused" paper-- paper that has been through the printer
before in it's current "lifetime" that is prone to causing jams &tc.

Sorry to get semantic, but I'd hate to see somebody stop buying recycled
paper because they incorrectly believe that it's going to hurt their printers.

Counterarguments are welcome, of course.

James Patrick Klock                           j-klock at evanston.lib.il.us
Evanston Public Library                               Technical Services