Document delivery from the library catalogue

Anna Belle Leiserson leiserson at library.vanderbilt.edu
Tue Aug 19 10:31:15 EDT 1997

In re. OPAC links to Amazon.com, I think it admirable to find new
ways to use the medium and raise money for a library. However, I
wonder about the ethics involved.  I do not have a clear answer, by
the way.  Instead, I think it would be a good idea to pause and
consider this aspect.

One of the "Principles & Standards of Acquisitions Practice" is:
"grants all competing vendors equal consideration insofar as the
established policies of his or her library permit, and regards each
transaction on its own merits."  Of course, this is for the library
purchasing, but it struck me as related in an area where we aren't
likely to have many guidelines.

Anna Belle Leiserson
Collection Development Librarian
Vanderbilt Law Library