meteringsoftware lancd

Wil Vree wil at inf.uba.uva.nl
Mon Aug 18 10:29:15 EDT 1997

We at the University Library of Amsterdam are in the possesion of a
Logicraft CDServer with LANCD V3.1. That is for titles that dont run on
Silverplatter (wich we offer via webspirs). We have over 30 titles cached to
harddisk (about 30 GigaByte) - and made accessible to the campus.
What I would like to know is if anybody has a construction like that and
has found a reasonable priced solution for usage metering software for this
type of setup.
One of the problems we have is the distribution of the searchsoftware wichh
differs per title and somtimes changes per update of the cdroms.
We are looking for a way to centralize that. A solution could be to use
Citrix Winframe as a server where the  cdrom-searcheware does run.
Another option is to go to the DiskPort Executive solution or another
vendors solution like Fenwoods Ultranet.
Does anyone have expirience with the Winframe solution or Diskport Executive
also in relation to the metering software?

regards,

Wil Vree

| Ing. Wil Vree                 | e-mail: vree at uba.uva.nl  |
| Netwerk/systeembeheerder, webmaster, cdrommaster         |
| coordinator, Research & Development, R & B, C & W        |
| Universiteits Bibliotheek     |                          |
| Universiteit van Amsterdam    |                          |
| Singel 425                    | telefoon: 020-525.2487   |
| 1012 WP Amsterdam             | fax:      020-525-2311   |