Browser use statistics

Bo Simons bo at sonoma.lib.ca.us
Tue Aug 5 14:25:27 EDT 1997

To put a little different spin on this, consider these numbers.

They seem to say:  most of our users use Lynx, because that's what there
is.

We had 69% of the poeple accessing our homepage did so from a Lynx
browser.  For July, 1997, we had 7,905 Lynx browser logins.  These are
from the appromimately 200 public and staff terminals and PCs in 13
branches.  During the same time we had 3,517 hits on our home page from
either inhouse PC's or from the Internet.  These we have not broken down
to types of browsers, but I imagine that most of them are full graphic
browsers, probably mirroring the stats from the other respondents,
Netscape splitting the large slices of pie with IE, Lynx coming in about
1%.

To our regular telnet catalog we had 11,777 combined dialins and logins
duing this same period.

We are a public library, and we have had Lynx as our primary in-house
browser.  It is available as a menu choice on our PACS.  We currently
have only 3 of our 13 branches with
--
Bo Simons		bo at sonoma.lib.ca.us		Third and E Streets
Internet Librarian					Santa Rosa, CA 95404