Netscape printing problems

jbauman at nslsilus.ORG jbauman at nslsilus.ORG
Tue Aug 12 12:42:08 EDT 1997

We have problems with Netscape 3.0 on both Win 95 and Win 3.1 printing
non-networked DeskJet 600 printers.

Problem #1: "Document Contains No Data" or "No pages to print".  This
problem was addressed by Web4Lib back in March.  These pages are
generally cgi generated pages.  It is possible to save these pages as
HTML files, open them, and then print.  Has anyone come up with another
solution?  Is it just a problem with the DeskJets or are those of you
with other printers having the same problem?  A good test site for this
is the Social Security Death Index
http://www.ancestry.com/ssdi/advanced.htm

Problem #2:  Some pages, and I haven't been able to determine a common
thread, will not print on the DeskJet 600 series printers. A message
appears about a printer driver problem or a GPF that points to the
printer.  The page will print fine on a Panasonic KX-P3124 dot matrix
printer. I believe we do have the most recent printer drivers available.

Any suggestions?  Thanks in advance for your help.

Jennifer Baumann
Reference/Electronic Resources Librarian
Highland Park Public Library
494 Laurel Ave.
Highland Park, IL  60035
PH (847) 432-0216