kiosks

Heidi Cramer hlcspy at scils.rutgers.edu
Thu Aug 7 09:58:58 EDT 1997

I have just been given a "special project" to decide what to do with a kiosk
that city hall no longer wants.  It has been in our lobby for a few weeks and
we have had the typical problems with noise (it plays music) and the printer.
 We're looking to move it out of the main library - possibly to a branch, a
corporate center or nonprofit's location.  What to make available is the
question, internet, periodical databases, library card application, etc.

Experiences shared would be appreciated.
Of course the administrarion here wants to know what other "large urban
public libraries" are doing, but since there aren't too many scholarly
articles about this, I'd appreciate all responses.