Limited acces (was : Use of Net Nanny in a Lan situation)

Wim Lockefeer lockefeer at limburg.be
Wed Aug 6 12:14:18 EDT 1997

pulrich wrote:

> We have purchased Net Nanny for the young adult department of our
> library and have encountered a problem: we have 4 PCs networked to a
> local LAN (Server: Windows NT, Clients Windows 95). We have been
> unable
> to install Net Nanny to work on this LAN. Can anyone give us any clues
> as to how we can install Net Nanny in this environment?

On a par with this question, does anybody know of a way to limit access
of certain pc's in a lan to the internet, let's say to urls beginning
with a certain string ?  We would like to use low end PC's as web-based
OPACs to our catalogue, but our patrons are not supposed to use these
machines as public internet terminals.

thanx

Wim
Wim Lockefeer, Media Coordinator                  lockefeer at limburg.be
Provincie Limburg                              tel : +32 (0)11 237 528
Universiteitslaan 1, B-3500 Hasselt (Belgium)  fax : +32 (0)11 237 510