Browser use statistics

Kevin Justie kjustie at nslsilus.ORG
Tue Aug 5 11:31:58 EDT 1997

>I am looking for statistics on use of Web browsers from the popularity
>of various versions of Netscape and Internet Explorer to lynx.  Today
>I was chided for considering how a Web page would look in lynx and I was
>told t"only 5% of Internet users use lynx and the number is dwindling"

You might want to take a look at our July stats page at
http://www.webrary.org/mgpl/statspublic.html.  We don't have a huge number
of hits (200-300/day), but our stats program is set up to group Explorer
and Netscape, which account for about 78% of hits (Lynx is 3.55%), by
version and platform (Mac or Win) -- Explorer 3 Mac, Netscape Windows 4,
etc.  We did this to help us determine which of the newer HTML tags to
utilize in an upcoming redesign of our site.

Kevin Justie
Head of Technical and Automated Services
Morton Grove Public Library, Morton Grove, IL
(847) 965-4220
kjustie at mgk.nslsilus.org
http://www.webrary.org/
Opinions expressed are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect
offical Library policy.

***   "The box said Windows 95 or better,...So I bought a Mac."   ***