Part II: multiples computers accessing Internet via the same phone line

Dennis Brantley dennis at dati.com
Fri Aug 1 20:01:36 EDT 1997

Dennis Brantley wrote:

> Jacques Presseault wrote:
> >
> > I believe there is a product which allows several computers to access
> > the Internet simultaneously using the same telephone line.
> >
> > Does any one know about such a product?
>
> One such product is 'Web etc' from Microtest.  See
> http://www.microtest.com/webetc/.
> It's cheap at $149, doesn't require any special client software, and
> doesn't require a dedicated server to run it.  The idea is that up to 20
> users share the same modem connection and if desired, even use the same
> internet account.

I have a data sheet on this product, which describes a "Pro" version
that I could not find on the web site.  The Pro version adds some
interesting features:

-control which users can access the internet and which sites they can
visit (gulp!)
-user activity reports and audit logs
-adds support for IPX networks
-adds support for Mac clients

No editorial comment intended, just the facts, ma'am.

--
Dennis Brantley
Data Access Technologies, Inc./CD Solutions
mailto:dennis at dati.com
Voice (770) 339-6554
FAX (770) 682-0629