Web gateway to Restricted Newsgroups

Shuli Roth shuli at socrates.berkeley.edu
Fri Aug 1 18:33:47 EDT 1997

Hi,
We have some restricted local newsgroups that we host on the UC Berkeley
campus, which are not accessible from non-campus ip addresses.  I am
interested in making these newsgroups available for both
posting and reading through a local Web server, which will handle the
authentication of our users who come from non-campus ip addresses.

Do you know of any programs that would allow me to have a Web interface
for newsgroups, or alternatively have any of you solved the problem of
accessing restricted newsgroups?

I saw at http://www.dejanews.com a feature which allows one to post a
message to any Usenet newsgroup. I am trying to get more information from
dejanews.

Any of your ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Shuli Roth