simultaneous access to Internet sharing the same phone line

Mark Ellis mark.ellis at rpl.richmond.bc.ca
Fri Aug 1 15:50:52 EDT 1997

Jacques,

It sounds like you're looking for a dial-up proxy server. I've had WinGate
recommended to me, but have never tried it or any other product in this
class.

Here are a couple pages listing a few:

http://www.davecentral.com/connprox.html
http://www.davecentral.com/connprox2.html

>I believe there is a product which allows several computers to access
>simultaneously
>the Internet utilising the same telephone line.
>
>Do you know of such a product?
>
>And if you do, could you provide me with all the necessary information?
>
>Thank you.
>
>--
>Jacques Presseault  jacques at olsn.on.ca
>Ontario Library Service - North (Sudbury)
>http://www.library.on.ca/index.html
>Tel.: (705) 675-6433 Fax: (705) 671-2441

Mark Ellis
Computer Services Technician            Phone: 604.231.6410
Richmond Public Library                 Email: mark.ellis at rpl.richmond.bc.ca
Richmond, British Columbia