How might a diplomat answer questions on Filters & Libraries?

Linda Hyman lhyman at mail.sdsu.edu
Fri Aug 1 12:55:22 EDT 1997

>Among my personal concerns in this matter is the clear and present
>danger that library staff, from top to bottom, will be made
>inappropriate objects of public attention by those with religious or
>political agendas. "
>Tom Perrin

This looks like a great spot for the diplomats and politicians on this list
to come forward and share great responses to unwanted questions such as
filtering.  Who has already had the microphone shoved in their face and had
'good' answers?  There was one person last year; by now there should be
several.   Hurry, before I put my foot in my mouth!

Linda Woods Hyman
Pacific Bell Education First
Dept. of Educational Technology
San Diego State University