Music web sites

Tracy Babiasz tbabiasz at ncsl.dcr.state.nc.us
Wed Apr 30 21:02:55 EDT 1997

ur A/V librarian has asked me for some help in locating web sites to be
used in her selection of music CD's and cassettes.  Her favorite catalog
is no longer being published, and she needs a source for searching
titles and artists that will also give the LABEL number.  I have located
many "online music stores" and while several of them give their own
catalog number, I haven't found any that give the label number.  We've
also looked at the web sites of several different record label
companies, but few have their entire catalog posted.
My question:  Has anyone out there found comprehensive web sites that
meet the above description for collection development purposes?  Those
online music stores would have been great if they had included the label
number.  If you would like to respond to me personally, I'll be glad to
summarize for the list.  Thanks for any help you can offer!

Tracy Babiasz, Technology Librarian
Durham County Library
300 N. Roxboro Street
Durham, NC 27701