E-mail for Kids

Robin Aurelius raureli at well.com
Wed Apr 30 20:22:37 EDT 1997

Bill I am glad to see you found Rocketmail. My 6th grade aide found it on
his own. His name is Vitaliy Fanin, and his email is v.f. at rocketmail.com.
Why don't you get your son to send him a message. Vitaliy is very
interested in everything about computers, and reads up on anything we
give him. Plus he is book collector, and I think he'd make a great
librarian, some day. He grew up in Moldova, and came here in 1992. He has
a sister Olga and a brother Vasily. Speaks fluent Russian.

I am interested in IFLA, Micro Isis, and Library Master. I'd like to put
together a graphic AI front end for kids in Visual Basic, or Java, one
that would point to the classics, and the really good how to do it books.

Sort of like a reader's advisor.

There was a prototype in Denmark, called Book House, Authored in
Supercard on the MAC. Written up in 1992 Electronic Library. Woman
scientist at Risoe, name Annelise Mark Pejtersen. Worked out the AI with
Peter Ingwersen. Like to follow up on that, and anything in Germany that
has a graphic front end, and is easy to use and powerful.

Sincerely,
Robin Aurelius
Library Technician
Freeport Elementary School