internet work stations

irene upshur or bill baratta online1 at erols.com
Tue Apr 29 09:15:01 EDT 1997

RCG - NetConnect wrote:

> I am posting this again -- sorry if you have already seen, but I was just
> so sure that there were more public librarians out there who had already
> set up a internet work station in their library. . .
>
>         Can someonw help me?  I am writing a story on public access
> stations and am looking for someone to describe what they have found to be
> successful.  Hardware, software, ergonomics, public access policy postings,
> whatever decisions go into the making of a useable work station.
>
> Thanks guys!
> Cherie Bosarge Dutton
> NetConnect
>
> http://www.austintx.net/users/ResourceComm/Announcement.htm
Irene at Marymount in Arlington here:  Instructional Media Center

We have: 	17" monitor, comfortable arm chair on wheels with plenty
			of space 	to move around, carrel in which system is set in,
careful  lighting to avoid 	reflections on screen,  PC w/CD 						drive
, headset, external speakers.

I believe what patrons like the most are the large (would like it
larger) monitor and the comfortable arm chair.