cyberfiltering: just say no... Not no, yes!

Ronnie Morgan rmorgan at Harding.edu
Mon Apr 28 12:05:10 EDT 1997

>From what I have seen of the CDA, I agree with it, and do not understand
how it was made unconstitutional.  I haven't had the time to look into it.
And I don't feel like rehashing all of that.

>Speaking for myself, I have to say that I suffered a lot more as a teen
>from lack of information about sexuality, than from excessive exposure to
>pornography.

Information about sexuality should be obtained from your parents, not from
someone on the internet, who is more than likely wrong.

>It seems quite possible that you might prefer to shield your children
from
>information I think they deserve, even need, to have the chance to see.

Then the law concerning sale to minors should be gotten rid of, right?
Wrong!  They don't need it, and I don't see how they deserve it either.
Kids are not mature enough to make a good decision on a lot of things, and
they surely don't need this to make matters worse.

I think in the end, the public will make the decision concerning this
issue, not the librarian.  The public will find that the librarian cares
more about "freedom of speech" (which I still contend that this has nothing
to do with) than they do thier own kids.  The public found out in Boston,
and now New York, and something was done about it.  It's only a matter of
time before the public finds out in other places as well...  And because of
this, I am going to bow out of this discussion (for real this time) and
join the public in the debate of protecting the kids of America.

Ronnie