copyright questions

nancy keane nancy.keane at rundlett.concord.k12.nh.us
Sun Apr 27 16:49:40 EDT 1997

Greetings.  We are developing a web site that will include book reviews
written by students.  We are planning to include scanned images of the book
covers.  We won't know until we are close to mounting the page which books
will be included on this particular page.  Do any of you know what copyright
restrictions we may face?  Do we need clearance from publishers?  If so, do
we need to write to each one or is there a central place we can write to?
We need to get this page up as soon as possible.

Another part of the project involves essays on famous people.  Does anyone
know of any resources for copyright free images of famous people? (e.g. JFK,
Lincoln, Mother Theresa).

Thanks for your help.

Nancy Keane
Nancy J. Keane
Rundlett Jr. High School
144 South Street
Concord, New Hampshire 03301
nancy.keane at rundlett.concord.k12.nh.us
http://www.concord.k12.nh.us/schools/rundlett/
http://www.nhptv.org/nhema
++++ Do the best you can and maintain a sense of humor. +++++