More on Cybersitter

Sheryl Dwinell dwinells at vms.csd.mu.edu
Thu Apr 24 10:09:47 EDT 1997

I just couldn't resist posting this.  Check out the correspondence between
the Associate editor of Mother Jones' web site with Brain Milburn, the
president of Solid Oak (makers of Cybersitter), in reference to
Cybersitter's blocking of Mother Jones' site.

http://www.mojones.com/hellraiser_central/mjw_letters.html

Frankly, I'm not sure whether to laugh at Milburn's tirade about Al
Franken, or be frightened by his attitude.  I am sure there are parents out
there of a similar mindset who would appreciate having a guy like this in
charge of the company manufacturing the filtering software they install on
their home pc, but a public library??  Scary.

Sheryl Dwinell
Cataloger/Database Management Librarian
Memorial Library, Marquette University
P.O. Box 3141