Changing images on a page

Anthony Starks anthony_starks at Merck.Com
Tue Apr 22 13:08:10 EDT 1997

A better way to control a public Internet browser, its settings and use
is NOT TO HOST IT ON A PERSONAL COMPUTER. If you connect a X terminal to
a UNIX server and run the browser from there, then not only can you
strictly control configuration, you can also scatter several terminals
and serve them from one machine. A PC running Linux could serve nicely
as your server.

This set up can be used to fix the home page, deny access to downloads,
etc.

Also, since the X terminals don't have diskette drives you do not have
to worry about patrons booting their own software.