Disable Netscape Feature

Kyle Harriss kharriss at d.umn.edu
Fri Apr 18 11:22:47 EDT 1997

We've secured some Win95 PC's for use by the public.  That is, the public
can run only the software that we allow, and cannot - for the most part-
do anything that would modify the way these PC's are set up.

Netscape Navigator (32 bit) allows someone to store a url shortcut to the
desktop.  This is one of the few things remaining that we don't have under
control.  We want to remove this ability, but haven't found a way to do it
yet.  Does anyone know if there is a Win95 Registry setting for Netscape
that would change this?

Kyle Harriss				kharriss at d.umn.edu
Tech Services 				voice: 218-726-6546
UMD Library				fax:   218-726-8019