The April issue of D-Lib Magazine is now available! (fwd)

Roy Tennant rtennant at library.berkeley.edu
Tue Apr 15 14:25:53 EDT 1997

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 1997 12:19:54 -0400
From: Rhonda Arnold <reba at CNRI.Reston.VA.US>
To: dlib-general at CNRI.Reston.VA.US
Subject: The April issue of D-Lib Magazine is now available!

The April issue of D-Lib Magazine is now available at <http://www.dlib.org>.
The UK Office for Library and Information Networking maintains a mirror site
for D-Lib Magazine at:
<http://hosted.ukoln.ac.uk/mirrored/lis-journals/dlib/>, and The Australian
National University Sunsite also maintains a mirror at
<http://sunsite.anu.edu.au/mirrors/dlib>.

In addition to our usual collection of notices and announcements, we are
pleased to feature the following stories:

CONTENTS

Special Report:  Whither DLI
Relaxing Assumptions . . . Stretching the Vision:  A Modest View of Some
Technical Issues
Ronald L. Larsen
U.S. Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency

Relaxing Assumptions about the Future of Digital Libraries:  The Hare and
the Tortoise
William Y. Arms

The Z39.50 Information Retrieval Standard: Part I:  A Strategic View of
Its Past, Present and Future -- The first of a two-part story appearing this
month and next.
Clifford A. Lynch
University of California

Z39.50:  The User's Perspective
Sandra D. Payette
Oya Y. Rieger
Cornell University

Fear of Offending: A Note on Educators, the Internet, and the Bible  Browser
Richard L. Goerwitz
Brown University

OhioLINK:  A Consortial Approach to Digital Library Management
David Barber
OhioLINK

D-Lib Magazine is produced by the Corporation for National Research
Initiatives and is sponsored by the Defense Advanced Research Projects
Agency (DARPA) on behalf of the NSF/DARPA/NASA Digital Libraries Initiative.

William Y. Arms, Vice President
Amy Friedlander, Editor, D-Lib Magazine

R.E.B. Arnold, Editorial Assistant
1895 Preston White Drive, Suite 100