Fine payment via a secured web server use in libraries

Lynn Eades beades at med.unc.edu
Mon Apr 14 17:34:33 EDT 1997

I am hoping someone on the list can give me some information.  I have been
asked about allowing patrons to become friends of the library by sending us
their credit card number via our web page.  Has anyone else allowed this or
thinking of putting this in place?  She was also thinking this could be used
for paying fines.  I am concerned about security and would love any
information on web servers that allow for secured transactions.

Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance!

Lynn

Lynn Eades
Education Librarian
Health Sciences Library