MS Exchange

Sarah Eastwell EastweS at prose.dpi.qld.gov.au
Thu Apr 10 19:57:00 EDT 1997

>>From: Sweeting, Floyd
....When you receive a message from a listserv, the name of the person
who
sent the message to the listserv displays in the "from" field rather
than the name of the listserv....

 ----------
>>From: Melody Fetske
...tells me that it is a function of the listserv not Exchange and
that you need to advise the list to include the header....
 ----------

I am on a list where the name of the list appears in the subject line of
every message, which helps with sorting the piles of  mail from
different lists. I asked the owner how this was done, and here is part
of the reply (majordomo software)...

>>>I just checked the configuration for eclectika and near the bottom was
this:

	# subject_prefix     [word] (undef) <resend>
	# This word will be prefixed to the subject line, if it is not already
	# in the subject. The text is expanded before being used. The
	# following expansion tokens are defined: $LIST - the name of the
	# current list, $SENDER - the sender as taken from the from line,
	# $VERSION, the version of majordomo.
subject_prefix    = [$LIST]<<<

I would be pleased if this was a standard adopted by more list owners,
as it makes the morning mail shuffle a little easier!!
Sarah Eastwell
Web Services
Department of Primary Industries
Queensland, Australia