Genealogy / Powerbook 5100

Jennifer Sarber jsarber at statelib.lib.in.us
Wed Apr 9 11:56:09 EDT 1997

Hello Everybody:

I have two questions:

I have some exciting news about the Indiana State Library.

We have been working with our Genealogy division and volunteers entering
our Marriage Index Records to 1850 onto the computer.

We put it into Filemaker Pro.  From there we used Tango to build an
interface for the web.  We now have it online and available for use.  Of
course there is still some things that we have to work out like proof
reading and maintance; also there are some technical things.  Sometimes AOL
users have a problem using the search.

Still all in all it is an exciting project.  If you could check it out and
let me know what you think or give me hints I would be greatful.  Here is
the address: http://www.statelib.lib.in.us/www/indiana/genealogy/mirr.html

The second question.

We have a Powerbook 5300 running OS 7.5.X  It also has a PCMCIA card that
has a 10 Base T and modem.  It seems that during short periods of
inactavity it disconnects itself from the ethernet network.  Sleep has been
set to Never.  Does anyone know why this is happening?

Jennifer L. Sarber
Management Information Services
Indiana State Library
http://www.statelib.lib.in.us