PR3 is out

Roy Lipscomb lipscomb at ripco.com
Wed Apr 9 11:41:29 EDT 1997

I had this same problem just yesterday.  It was due to loading
WINSOCK.DLL from the wrong subdirectory.  Make sure your PATH
statement is in order, and that you have removed references to
subdirectories containing versions of Netscape (and other Internet
communicators) that you no longer use.

Also, you might ensure that the subdirectory of the new version
of Netscape is listed in its "Working Directory" line of the
Program Properties Box.  (You can get there by clicking once on
the Netscape program icon, then pressing Alt, then F, then P.)

>    There's no joy at my desk right now either.  I installed Communicator
Pro
>    3.0 w/ plugins this afternoon.  During install I chose "copy" rather
than
>    "move" profile files from old version.  Guess again - had to copy them
>    back.
>
>    But the biggest problem is that each time I try to go to Preferences
(in
>    Composer or Navigator) I get the following:
>
>       "Application Error
>
>       Call to undefined dynalink"
>
>    Netscape then closes and won't re-open until I reboot.  And then the
same
>    thing happens all over again.
>
>    Ideas?

>    Anne Prestamo, Reference Librarian ||Phone:              (405)744-6309
>    Science & Engineering Division     ||http://www.library.okstate.edu/
>    Edmon Low Library                  ||    dept/sed/prestamo/anne1.htm

Regards,

Roy Lipscomb
lipscomb at ripco.com
Software consultant