web redesign

William J. Frost fros at planetx.bloomu.edu
Tue Apr 1 17:08:23 EST 1997

On Wed, 26 Mar 1997, Pete wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> I thought I'd take advantage of this break in the action to ask a question.
>
> Let's say that, for whatever reason, I need to redesign my library's web pages.
> They need to be expanded, they need to conform to the institution's web site,
> the boss is bored, whatever. But I have to redesign the pages, both graphically
> and functionally.
>
> What advice would you give to someone in that situation? What's the most
> important thing to know about web site redesign?
>

> Your comments are, as always, appreciated.
>
> Best regards,
> Pete
>
> peter.j.gilbert at lawrence.edu
> reference.librarian
> lawrence.university
> appleton.wisconsin
> 414.832.6752
>
> "When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it
> hitched to everything else in the Universe."
> 			-- John Muir, Early Webmaster

Pete

I assume you're asking what is unique to redesign that is not covered in
Web design.

I can think of only one "rule," -- keep an archive copy of the old site.

	Bill Frost                       Harvey A. Andruss Library
	Reference Librarian              Bloomsburg University
	717-389-4126                     Bloomsburg, PA  17815
	fros at bloomu.edu                  Fax 717-389-3895
	http://acwww.bloomu.edu/~fros/   Listowner CAPi-L