Dublin Core Metadata System

Keith Shafer shafer at oclc.org
Fri Apr 11 13:46:25 EDT 1997

Bill Drew writes:
> Keith Shafer wrote:
> > ... (BTW - Scorpion asigns more subjects to a page than those
> > that Eric returned and Agriculture does appear for the Cows page
> > in a normal Scorpion output. But, now I digress...)
>
> That may be the case about other text but what I found confusing is
> that I already use a Metadata element for key words.  I think I'm
> using it correctly.

Good point.  Normally, the raw text of documents are just pumped
through Scorpion blindly.  So, the problem in this case may the valid
metadata already available in the document was not given priority over
the regular text in the document.  Somehow, we should build a process
that takes advantage of the existing metadata to drive the automated
processes.  This would hopefully clean up the automated output and
could be used to verify the general metadata.

Keith.
------
Senior Research Scientist                 | http://purl.org/keith
OCLC Online Computer Library Center, Inc. | shafer at oclc.org
6565 Frantz Road, Dublin, Ohio 43017-3395 | 614-761-5049