Communicator PR3 is out

Peter C. Gorman pcgorman at facstaff.wisc.edu
Tue Apr 8 09:36:24 EDT 1997

Hello,

I've noticed that PR3 (Mac version) doesn't display all of the ISO Latin-1
entities correctly (3.0 does, at least the ones I've used). I'm heavily
involved in an Icelandic project right now, so here are some specific
entities that no longer seem to work:

ð  Ð  þ  Þ  ý  Ý

It's probably no accident that these ISO characters happen not to be in the
Mac's basic character set. However, I had a font that rendered them
correctly under previous versions of Netscape's browsers, but the same font
fails under PR3. I suspect that they've changed their rendering algorithm
in some way (probably to accommodate Unicode); has anyone seen any
documentation of this?

PG
Peter C. Gorman
University of Wisconsin