Warning.... Best Buy Flip side kind of

Scott Stevens smsshs at LOYOLA.EDU
Thu Apr 3 21:50:07 EST 1997

	I thought I'd chime in with a similar story, though one with a
better ending.  About 5 minutes to 10 one morning I called my local
Baltimore Best Buy to ask if they carried Corel Graphics Pack and for how
much.  I did not realize the store opened at 10.  And even though the
store wasn't due to open for another 5 minutes, someone answered the
phone.  I asked if they had the software and how much.  The guy's response
was the store didn't open for another 5 minutes; I'll need to call back
then.
	After hanging up I spent the next 10 minutes steaming.  I called
back and asked to speak to the manager.  I did.  I explained to her what
happened, how mad I was, and how stupid the guy answering the phone was to
answer just to say the shop was shut.  The manager apologised for several
minutes, and as I was about to hang up she asked what exactly I was
looking for.  I told her.  She checked it out.  They had it for about
$100.  I asked, not expecting much, if she'd knock a few dollars off the
price.  She took $30! off the price.  Boy was I shocked.
	I can't say much about the sales people they hire, but management
down here certainly seems to be on the ball.

Cheers,
Scott Stevens  (smsshs at loyola.edu)