Windows NT Image Database

Walter Lewis walter.lewis at sheridanc.on.ca
Fri Sep 27 12:02:22 EDT 1996

Gerry McKiernan wrote:

>      Software/System for Windows NT Image Database
[snip]
>     As always any suggestions, recommendations, leads, etc.
> will be very much appreciated!

The short answer is use any database he wants to, so long as the
photographs are stored outside it.

Any WinNT webserver has tools either built in, or added on, that can
connect via ODBC to most of the current versions of database software
that run on NT (Access, dBase, Paradox, etc).  You simply configure the
output from the database to develop an anchor/URL to the
sub-directory/ies containing the images referred to in the database.

In a database developed when only the first EMWAC NT server was
available, we output the database descriptions as separate htm files
(2000+) and then used the free WAISINDEX tool to index them. Limited
search options, but the price was right.

You can still use this (new server, old config) at
http://www.hhpl.on.ca/photos.htm

Walter Lewis
Deputy Chief/Systems
Halton Hills Public Library