Netscape 3.0 wav files

Martha Liles mliles at netcom.com
Thu Sep 26 09:10:58 EDT 1996

Can you please help me.

I think that this is a general interest question because many of you use
Netscape 3.0 and have people who take their tour.

 I am a registered Netscape
Navigator 3.0 owner
who was willing to begin the free 90 day help period a week ago.  I sent
2 messages to Netscape Techncal support, who never replied.

I can not play .wav files.  On the 3.0 tour there is a wav audio file and
a Quick Time movie at every stop.  Now, I can play the movie. For the
wav file, I receive the message "unable to start playing wav sound".
when I click it again, I get the message "unable to find c:\program
files\netscape\navigator\cache\m0p4jr9p.wav."

The wav files that I want to play are on the 3.O tour and my home page.

Also, on the tour, there is Live Audio and Live Video.  Those 2 items
work O.K.  According to 3.0, Live Audio plays .wav files.

The problems came when I upgraded up Navigator 1.x to 2 copies of 2.x to
3.0.  I solved the other problems by deleting all Navigator files and
downloading a try me version of 3.0 and then registering that version.
So, I do have a clean version of 3.0. Also, I just installed Quick Time,
which works fine.  I can see the tour movies and the  .avi file on my home
page.

My home page is ftp://ftp.netcom.com/pub/ml/mliles/mliles.htm

Thank you.

Martha Liles

MLILES at netcom.com