First Search Login script

Mack Lundy mack at mail.swem.wm.edu
Wed Sep 25 18:09:47 EDT 1996

At 02:24 PM 9/25/96 -0700, you wrote:
>Actually, OCLC revised the webscript login procedure, so any old scripts
>(including their own) should now be broken.  Dunno if Bill has a revised
>version in the works or not.
>
>Thomas Dowling / tdowling at ohiolink.edu / http://www.ohiolink.edu/
>Ohio Library and Information Network. Please do not perpetuate the GOOD
>TIMES virus hoax, started in 11/94 and circulating again in 9/96.  Refer
>to: http://ciac.llnl.gov/ciac/notes/Notes04c.shtml

I'm really confused.  What version of webscript and fs.scr are we supposed
to be running now.  I FTPed a new version of fs.scr last week that doesn't
seem to do anything different except change the URL from
www.ref.oclc.org:200 to www.ref2.oclc.org:2000.  I haven't done anything to
webscript (version 1.93) since I compiled it before this mess started.  My
connection works fine; I just did a worldcat search.

Can someone (how about you Thomas Dowling) summarize for me what's going on
so I can decide whether or not to worry.  I seemed to have been unconscious
for a week or two.

Mack

Mack A. Lundy III			e-mail:  mack at mail.swem.wm.edu
Library Systems Manager			voice:   804.221.3114
Swem Library				fax:     804.221.2635
College of William and Mary
P.O. Box 8795
Williamsburg, VA 23187-8795