Netscape and MSIE administration kits -- any info?

Thomas Dowling tdowling at ohiolink.edu
Wed Sep 25 13:38:33 EDT 1996

> From: Michael S. Wilde <mswilde at coyote.csusm.edu>
> To: Multiple recipients of list <web4lib at library.berkeley.edu>
> Subject: Re: Netscape and MSIE administration kits -- any info?
> Date: Wednesday, September 25, 1996 12:44 PM
>
> I have found THE tool that will solve nearly all of the problems we've
been
> addressing.
> Hypertec's beta release of IKIOSK rules.  It allows you to "grey out"
> any...I repeat any menu item in any windows 31 or windows 95
program...yes
> gang, it works on pop ups too....

Will it grey out ALL CAPS and multiple exclamation marks?  No offense, but
if you're going to write something that sounds so much like an
advertisement, you probably want to state whether or not you're connected
with the company.

(...and either way, you probably want to include contact information, which
after a little digging turns out to be http://www.hypertec.com/)

Thomas Dowling / tdowling at ohiolink.edu / http://www.ohiolink.edu/
Ohio Library and Information Network. Please do not perpetuate the GOOD
TIMES virus hoax, started in 11/94 and circulating again in 9/96.  Refer
to: http://ciac.llnl.gov/ciac/notes/Notes04c.shtml