Hot Dog Pro: hot or dog?

Richard J. Violette rviolett at socialaw.com
Fri Sep 20 09:35:21 EDT 1996

Dear Webmeisters,

In the discussion of a couple days ago regarding HTML editors, several
people mentioned Hot Dog Professional.

Several months ago, I downloaded the demo of the 16-bit version and was
impressed with its ease of use and functionality. Unfortunately, I
couldn't afford the price of purchase at the time, and I also wanted to
wait for the 32-bit version.

Since then, I have heard extremely mixed reactions to the 32-bit
release, including a fair number of complaints about support (or lack
thereof) from Sausage Software.

I use HotMetal at work (which I dislike), and an ancient version of HTML
Assistant at home (so outdated it's perfect for "real men do their own
HTML coding" types ;-{)> ), and would like to revisit Hot Dog Pro as my
main HTML program.

Does anybody have any true-life stories? Is Hot Dog Pro hot ... or a
dog?

--Rich.V.

--
Richard J. Violette    | 1200 Court House           | "He chose to be
Catalog Librarian I    | Boston MA 02108            | rich, by making