Browser question

Jennifer Varnes, Camden Co. Lib., Ref. Dept. JENNY at camden.lib.nj.us
Wed Sep 18 12:50:39 EDT 1996

The Camden County Library currently offers patrons access to a journal index
provided by Ebsco. We connect to the Ebsco database by using telnet. Ebsco has
now made this product available over the World Wide Web and we would like to
connect to their databases this way. Our question is this -- is there a way to
configure Netscape or other graphical browsers so that  only one URL can be
accessed? We want to dedicate four computers to be used only for accessing the
Ebsco product (we already have 5 computers where we offer public Internet
access.) Our concern is that the computers that will be used to offer access to
Ebsco over the WWW could be used to access other resources on the Internet. We
want to make sure that the Ebsco computers are used to access this one product
only. If you have any suggestions, or experience with a similiar situation we
would be interested in hearing from you. Please e-mail any replies to Linda
Babli at lindab at camden.lib.nj.us. Thank you.