Bill crosbie -Reply -Reply

Dan Lester DLESTER at bsu.idbsu.edu
Tue Sep 10 10:43:43 EDT 1996

>>> tracker <gdac at magpage.com> 09/09/96
11:38pm >>>
Dan,  I'm sorry your logic doesnt encompass our
solution...but since we have the problem and the
solution works for us, I'm going to have to agree to
disagree about "logical" solutions... Happy Tuesday!
----------------------------------
I hope no one took my comments as being the ONLY
thing that could cause Netscape or other browsers that
use a cache to hang or run slowly.  There are a
multitude of other possibilities and each one needs to
be dealt with its own way.  What I did primarily mean to
indicate was that the cache does NOT "fill up and quit
working", although some other problem might make it
appear that that is the problem.  And there is certainly
nothing wrong with regularly clearing the cache by one
method or another.  I know some librarians who are
VERY concerned by the privacy issue of possibly
seeing someone else's cache who have set up batch
files or other means of clearing the cache and/or
history lists after each user, with each reboot, etc, etc.

dan

Dan Lester, Network Information Coordinator
Boise State University Library, Boise, Idaho, 83725
USA
voice: 208-385-1235   fax:  208-385-1394
dlester at bsu.idbsu.edu     OR
alileste at idbsu.idbsu.edu
Cyclops' Internet Toolbox:    http://cyclops.idbsu.edu
"How can one fool make another wise?"   Kansas,
1979.