Telnet apps for Netscape/WIN95 setup -Reply

Richard Goodman R.Goodman at lboro.ac.uk
Tue Sep 10 09:19:36 EDT 1996

On Tue, 10 Sep 1996, KAREN SCHNEIDER wrote:

> I am very happy with EWAN.  It has a very charming feature--it's
> FREE.  It also seems to work fine for most things.  Someone knew
> of a client called SimpTerm but I couldn't find it on Consummate
> Winsock or with a (cursory) browse of the net at large...

  SimpTerm is a very good telnet client indeed.  16 and 32 bit versions
are available.

  16 bit version : sptn1609.zip

  from

  ftp://sunsite.doc.ic.ac.uk/computing/systems/ibmpc/windows3/winsock/

  32 bit version : sptn3209.zip

  from

  ftp://sunsite.doc.ic.ac.uk/computing/systems/ibmpc/windows95/netutil/

  I'm sure it's available from other places and mirrors.

  Comes highly recommended as I've been using it for a year now.....

Rich

Richard Goodman, Technical Officer     |     Phone : +44 (0) 1509 222403
Project Acorn, Pilkington Library      |       Fax : +44 (0) 1509 222993
Loughborough University,    	       |     Email : R.Goodman at lboro.ac.uk
Loughborough, Leicestershire  	       |
LE11 3TU  			       |        Project ACORN Webmaster
---------------------------------------|http://liba.lboro.ac.uk/acorn/acorn.htm
"Never put off what you can do today,  |
Or it may lead to sorrow,              |       UK Serials Group Webmaster
If you do it today  and you like it,   |     http://epip.lboro.ac.uk/uksg/
You can do it again tomorrow." 	       |