Hyper-Thesaurus and Agricultural Collecting and INFOMINE

Steve Mitchell smitch at ucrac1.ucr.edu
Fri Sep 6 17:11:35 EDT 1996

Hi Gerry and Others,

What do you mean by a hyper-thesaurus? I'm thinking you could examine  the
subject headings (hyper-thes.?) list for any of the INFOMINEs. Hundreds of
terms, with
item counts, for each general set of disciplines will be found. All are
linked to search
the INFOMINE to which they apply. And, since the beginning of the year,
the subject terms applied for most files are LCSH. We currently have close
to 400 selected items representing agriculture and the agricultural sciences
alone...
out of 7,000 or so resources total. At:  http://lib-www.ucr.edu

To examine/re-examine our method of using LCSH check out ... /pubs/postlcsh.html

Though far from perfect it is efficient and allows a small number of
collaborators to
cover large territories and organize them in a very useful manner. In fact,
we're always
looking for cooperators as well. If interested contact me at
smitch at ucrac1.ucr.edu.  For more information on INFOMINE take a peek at
.../pubs/italmine.html .

Cordially,

Steve Mitchell