Where is Looksmart?

ROCK THE VOTE IN NOVEMBER 1996 TOMAIUOLON at CCSUA.CTSTATEU.EDU
Thu Oct 31 09:28:53 EST 1996

Hello
I have been waiting watching searching....where is Looksmart?
When is it supposed to be up (10-28-96 or so I read, but it isn't).
Has anyone found it and used it yet?

Also, I would like to pose a question concerning Metacrawler.  I notice
that when I do a search and it shows me the retrieval from the various
engines, it differs vastly from my searches on any one specific engine.
For example:  say I search "johnny bench".  It tells me (again hypothetically)
Webcrawler: 9, Altavista: 11, whatever: 0 etc.)  but if I go to Altavista
and perform a very sgood search, I get, say, 41 for "johnny bench".  Sure,
maybe all are not so relevant as I'd like, but nonetheless, it is more than
the 11 reported on Metacrawler for aLTAVISTA.  Comments?

Thanks,

Nicholas G. Tomaiuolo, MLS
Bibliographic Instruction Librarian
Central Connecticut State University Library
Reference Department
New Britain, CT  06050

email=  tomaiuolon at ccsu.ctstateu.edu
phone=  (860) 832-2068