(Fwd) Packard Bell commercial -Reply

Tim Mallory tmallory at timberland.lib.wa.us
Wed Oct 30 12:05:51 EST 1996

hello to us from Packard Bell: the computers from sears with buttons that
fall off (personal experience, but it was a used one from a garage sale
for $25 and not worth it(but I digress)).
    I'll chip in $25 for a commercial that show a "clean, well-lighted
place to seek information" and people will complain about that too.  When
I worked in retrograde libraries we were upset that people expected
computers.  Now some are upset, and expect card catalogs. whoopee.
    this commercial will reinforce a positive image of libraries.
Libraries not fitting the image will experience consternation - hopefully
leading to new vision among staff or taxpayers, whatever is necessary, and
more libraries will begin to look more like what people expect (or we hope
they expect).  I'd sure like our bond issue to pass next time.  We finally
got better lighting, but the carpet is still dingy and there are
inappropriate wires strung allover in our attempts to upgrade a 1966
building that still looks "real new, you don't need remodeling" on the
outside.
   Actually, now that I think about it, this entire message is a
digression. If I get back to work, it is much more likely to improve my
image than any amount of whining.   L.A.K.E.
Tim Mallory, Reference Librarian
Aberdeen Timberland Library     Voice:   360-533-2360
121 E. Market St.                 FAX:   360-532-2953
Aberdeen, WA  98520-5292       e-mail:   tmallory at timberland.lib.wa.us
__%\__"round and round goes the wind" - ecclesiastes i:6 __%\__)))))>>>*