HTML Conversion v. Launching Helper Apps

Jennifer Sarber jsarber at statelib.lib.in.us
Fri Oct 25 14:40:48 EDT 1996

Dana:

I use several different HTML editors, some things are easier to do in other
editors, and you can always switch to a different editor.

>What are the pros/cons to taking the time to convert a Word file to
>html, say with Internet Assistant,  vs. simply launching Word as a
>helper app?  I'm assuming the ability to insert links in the converted
>doc is one.  Any other ideas on this?

I do use the Internet Assistant.  It is easy because you can create the
document that you want and just save it into HTML.  The saving process
sometimes can be a little longer than saving it just in Word.  Than the
other thing to consider is when you view it in the HTML source; this take
time going back and fourth and than you have to save it again each time.  I
do prefer this method instead of saving it into Word and then converting it
into HTML and then opening it up into an editor. There are less steps with
using the Internet Assistant and you are using less programs.

I do prefer the Internet Assistant, but sometimes I will pull the HTML
document into a different editor when I want to do something specific.

I am not sure what you mean by helper app.  Could you please explain?

Sincerely
Jennifer

Jennifer L. Sarber
Indiana State Library