Netscape "Enterprise Server" and "Proxy 1.12"

Charles A. Summerhill casummerhill at librarylrc.uams.edu
Wed Oct 9 09:53:29 EDT 1996

Yes, it is very difficult to obtain information from Netscape's site --
especially concerning Education "pricing".

I did however find the information some time ago. Basically Educational
sites and non-profits (and I believe Libraries) can download and use any
Netscape software for absolutely nothing, but you get no technical
support (other than that provided in the newsgroups). This only includes
software that can be downloaded from their public FTP sites and not
software not available by that means (such as the Administration kit).

They do (supposedly) offer educational/non-profit discounts for
purchases (which get you tech support).

Hope this helps.
--
  Charles A. Summerhill