(Fwd) Packard Bell commercial -Reply

Dan Lester dlester at bsu.idbsu.edu
Tue Oct 29 23:53:47 EST 1996

Gee, I sure find this tempest in a teapot to be disappointing,
especially since it is coming from a bunch who are
theoretically techies who don't quite fit traditionalist librarian
models anyway.

Who really cares?  And, if you do, do you really think that
PB cares a hoot?  Nope.  Not a bit.

When I first saw the ad I figured the thing that would upset
people would be the incongruity...that the jackboots are
trampling on the library and the masses, but that the folks at
home with their PB idiot box are living it free and easy.  Of
course if the jackbooted thugs are going to take away the
rights in the library, you can be darn sure that they will have
taken away the home net rights long before that.

But, noooooo.....we're doing traditionalist bitching and
moaning and whining.  At least it isn't an ad showing a little
old maid in sneakers with her hair in a bun....since that
would REALLY piss off the folks....

cheers

cyclops