Covert dbase to html tables?

Dave Vose dvose at library.lib.binghamton.edu
Sun Oct 27 10:26:08 EST 1996

Can anyone recommend a way to convert a dBASE 4 database into html tables?
I maintain a large bibliographic database of government documents and
would like to make this available on my library's website.  I have not
been able to find an easy way to do this. The applications I have looked
at seem to require substantially more technical knowledge than I currently
possess. Our environment is unix.

If there is not an easy way to convert directly from dBASE, perhaps there
is a way to convert a delimited ascii file into html tables? I can
easily save the database as a delimited file. Is there a way to convert
this into tables?

All suggestions (easy or otherwise) greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Dave Vose

Dave Vose				 |
Government Documents/Reference Librarian | "There are always possibilities."
Binghamton University Libraries		 |		    Mr. Spock
Binghamton, NY 13902-6012		 |
(607) 777-4907				 |
dvose at library.lib.binghamton.edu	 |